Tuesday, June 2, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE REAL ONE, YES, THE PHUNKY FEEL ONE



I've been a fan of Cyrpess Hill since they dropped their self-titled album in 1991. I won't say how old I was...I will say I had no business walking around the house, sing-rapping "Stoned Is The Way of The Walk"...but I did...haha.

When "Black Sunday" came out a couple of years later, I was a bonafied super-fan, complete with giant Cypress posters on my walls and a full fledged crush on DJ Muggs (who is still one of my favorite producers).

I always looked at Cypress as ground breaking. What B-Real, Sen Dog, DJ Muggs and Eric Bobo did will never be duplicated. They were an establishment and that's something that the game is truly missing right now.

In honor of B-Real's born day, I'm posting my top 5 Cypress Hill joints...pun completely intended ; )

1. Cock The Hammer (off of Black Sunday)


2. Ain't Goin Out Like That (off of Black Sunday)


3. Latin Lingo (off of Cypress Hill self titled album)


4. How I Could Just Kill a Man (off of Cypress Hill self titled album)


5. Hand on the Glock (off of Black Sunday)

No comments:

Post a Comment